Warrenton, VA Family Law Attorneys Help in Times of Crisis
Dedicated lawyers provide compassionate counsel for domestic concerns
When you are facing a family law crisis, having personalized advice and guidance on your legal options can make all the difference to the outcome of your case. Morrison, Ross and Whelan has a distinguished record of achieving successful outcomes for our clients, in cases ranging from multimillion-dollar marital asset disputes to highly contested child custody cases. With more than 30 years of experience resolving complex matrimonial law issues, Paul Morrison is widely considered one of the most skilled family law attorneys in the field. His number one priority is your best interests.
Experience with a wide range of family law issues
Our legal team is dedicated to pursuing the real best possible outcome for your case and doing all we can to defend your interests. Issues we regularly manage for clients include:
- Divorce — Depending on your circumstances, there are various ways you could choose to dissolve your marriage. In Virginia you can allege grounds for divorce or file no-fault; you can negotiate a marital settlement for an uncontested divorce or take your issues to trial. Our experienced divorce attorneys help you choose the course that is right for you.
- Alimony — The issue of spousal support is important to your financial future, whether you pay or receive support. We help you obtain a fair order of support based on your true financial circumstances.
- Child custody — The most hotly contested issue in divorce tends to be child custody. We help our clients achieve parenting plans that protect their parental rights and serve the best interests of their children.
- Child support — Our family law attorneys manage child support conflicts during divorce and between unmarried parents. We also assist with post-divorce motions for modification and enforcement of support orders.
- Domestic violence — Our legal team offers assistance to clients who have been victims of domestic violence. We review your legal options with you and do all we can to help protect you and your family, both now and into the future.
- Prenuptial agreements — We assist engaged clients who want to firmly establish their property rights prior to marriage by drafting, negotiating and reviewing prenuptial agreements.
- Property division — Virginia is an equitable distribution state for property division, which means the court divides marital assets and debts in a manner that is fair, but not necessarily equal. Our divorce lawyers have experience with complex, high-asset divorces, but also provide meticulous service for clients of more modest means.
- Post-divorce issues — Our firm can assist you following a divorce if a change in circumstances requires a modification of child custody and visitation, child support or spousal support. If your ex-spouse refuses to honor the terms of the divorce decree, we can pursue enforcement actions designed to rectify the situation.
Many of these issues can be resolved through family law mediation, which saves time and expense. But when your case needs aggressive litigation to achieve your goals, you can rely on our skill and experience.
Aggressive representation when you need urgent family law assistance
No matter how contentious your family law issue, we keep the proceedings as focused as possible and move strategically toward a favorable resolution. Too often, family law cases get sidetracked due to emotion. Our goal is always to simplify cases: we identify the real issues in dispute, minimize the attorney fees and help both parties get through the process. However, sometimes the other party or attorney refuses to be reasonable. Then, you want Paul Morrison on your side. Paul has assembled one of the most experienced and dedicated family law teams in the commonwealth, and he knows how to get results.
Contact our Warrenton family law firm for your urgent legal issues
If you are engaged in a contentious family law dispute, trust Morrison, Ross and Whelan to provide highly professional and determined representation. Call us today at 540-349-6262 or contact our office online to schedule a consultation. We are located just off 211 and business 29, in the heart of Fauquier County at 31 Garrett Street in Warrenton.