About the Firm
Established Warrenton, VA Law Firm Provides Personal Injury and Family Law Representation
Large-firm experience with personalized attention for matters including estate law, real estate, criminal defense, wrongful death and mediation
With nearly 100 years of combined legal experience and a track record of success, Morrison, Ross and Whelan takes pride in being one of Virginia's premier full-service law firms. Our firm, conveniently located in Warrenton, but practicing throughout the Commonwealth, is dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality legal services for businesses and individuals. Your choice of representation will have a profound impact on how your legal issues are resolved, so choose a proven professional with the skill and dedication to fight for the results you need. When you visit our office, you’ll know why we say we don’t just serve the community — we’re a part of it.
The benefits of working with our Warrenton law firm
When you come to Morrison, Ross and Whelan for legal assistance, you get direct contact with the attorney managing your legal matter, but you also have a team of accomplished lawyers contributing to your case. As our client, you’ll find our attorneys and staff are:
- Dedicated — At our firm, you receive personalized service from our legal team. We take the time to listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions. Once we understand your goals, we craft an appropriate legal strategy and commit our firm’s resources to obtaining the results you need.
- Experienced — Our attorneys have a broad base of experience in litigation and criminal defense. In addition to serving the people of Virginia, our attorneys can practice in any state in the country.
- Straightforward — We provide practical legal advice that protects your best interests. We will draw from our knowledge of the law to determine your options and potential outcomes, and we explain it all in plain English.
On a weekly basis, our attorneys meet on all but the simplest cases to brainstorm and delegate duties in the most efficient way to serve our client's interests at the highest level, at the least expense. When you hire Morrison, Ross and Whelan, you truly hire a team.
Areas of Practice
Our practice areas
There is no substitute for the legal knowledge and skill honed by extensive experience in the practice of law. In courts throughout the region and state, our firm provides skilled representation in:
- Personal injury — Our personal injury attorneys handle all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including motorcycle and trucking accidents. We fight hard for full compensation, especially in catastrophic cases, involving traumatic brain injury and wrongful death.
- Family law — We provide comprehensive divorce representation, capably managing all ancillary family law issues: alimony, child custody, child support, and the division of your property.
- Criminal defense — Our criminal defense lawyers have prosecuted and defended serious felony charges with outstanding results. Attorney Paul Morrison is noted for his successful appellate defense in the “Black Widow Killer” case, where he obtained a reversal of his client’s murder conviction. Attorney Chris Whelan is a former Army JAG defense counsel and Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney.
- Real estate litigation — We manage a wide range of real property disputes, including those related to condominiums, land use and zoning, and mechanic’s liens.
- Estate planning — We provide personalized estate planning solutions for clients by crafting carefully constructed wills, trusts, and powers of attorney and other legal safeguards.
Our attorneys know how important it is to help you resolve your legal matters quickly and effectively. You can be sure of our dedication through every step of your case.
Contact our Warrenton law firm for dedicated legal services throughout Virginia
Morrison, Ross and Whelan is ready to provide highly professional and conscientious legal service for your urgent family law, criminal defense and other legal matters. To schedule an appointment, call 540-349-6262 or contact our office online
. We are located just off 211 and business 29, in the heart of Fauquier County at 31 Garrett Street in Warrenton.